Abigayle’s Residential Program strives to meet the needs of women who have chosen LIFE for their babies in the face of adversity. These needs may be physical, emotional or spiritual. Our goal as caretakers of those the Lord entrusts to the ministry is to view each individual through the eyes of Christ.
Our program provides shelter for homeless mothers, eighteen years and older, during their pregnancy and postpartum care. The goal of the program is to equip and prepare each woman for independent living, parenthood and a God-focused and seeking life. A unique plan of care is designed to meet each woman’s special needs. In addition to a private room and a safe, nurturing environment, mothers in the program receive:
- Infant care classes
- Infant massage classes
- Limited daytime and evening volunteer babysitting support
- As available, pre and post-natal volunteer doula support
- Basic life skills training
- Cooking and nutrition education
- Limited individualized GED/high school diploma tutoring session
- Limited transportation assistance
- Financial management instruction and savings plan
- Bible studies onsite and in partnership with local churches
- Instruction on healthy sexuality that is Biblically based
- Referral to community resources including: mental health, supportive early childhood resources, credit counseling, tax return assitance
- Support in acquisition of driver's license
- Housing education
- Adoption education
- Human Trafficking education
- Opportunity for low-cost YMCA membership
- Residents receive merits for activities to use in the ministry’s resource center to obtain baby clothing, diapers, formula and other baby needs.
- The program is designed to assist women who have a deep desire for life change and are willing to work hard and diligently towards sustainable independence and parenting.
- Admission into the program is open to women at least eighteen years of age.
- Due to our room sizes, applicants may not have any children in their care.
- Each client in the program must agree to live by established guidelines and commit to using her time in a positive and productive manner that will lead to a God-focused and following life.
- Clients are required to remain employed or work towards obtaining employment. If a client is unable to secure employment, she is required to update her resume, job search, interview for available positions, or volunteer her time for community service.
- Daily chores such as cooking and cleaning are shared.
Prospective residential clients meet with our residential staff prior to acceptance to determine eligibility and compatibility for the program. For more information regarding our residential program, please call and speak to one of our residential staff at 586.323.1411.